Latest News

Tour de France stage 4 LIVE: Latest updates on 171.5km route from Dunkirk to Calais today

<p>Pilot of the 3rd stage of the Tour de France</p>
<p>“src =” https://static.independent.co.uk/2022/07/05/09/2022-07-03T151338Z_30741576_UP1EI7316AOXO_RTRMADP_3_CYCLING-FRANCE.JPG?quality=75&aw ” /static.independent.co.uk/2022/07/05/09/2022-07-03T151338Z_30741576_UP1EI7316AOXO_RTRMADP_3_CYCLING-FRANCE.JPG?quality=75&width=320&co=we. co.uk/2022/07/05/09/2022-07-03T151338Z_30741576_UP1EI7316AOXO_RTRMADP_3_CYCLING-FRANCE.JPG?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp&crop=982/62</amp-img><figcaption class=

Peloton on stage 3 of the Tour de France

(Reuters)

The Tour de France 2022 finally ends after a three-day trip around Denmark and a rest day to transfer to Sunderburg from the end of Sunday. Quickstep’s Yves Lampert and Fabio Jacobsen won the first two stages with a separate time trial and a sprint finish, respectively, before finishing a thrilling photo on the line ahead of Dylan Groniwegen Stage 3 of BikeExchange. .

Peloton arrives in northern France to see Stage 4, covering a distance of 171.5 km from Dunkirk to Calais, through a series of four categories of indoor climbing. Given the lack of opportunities for sprinters in the days ahead, it looks like they will not miss an opportunity to continue their impressive start on tours like Jacobsen, Groniwegen and Van Art, others such as Jasper Phillipsen (Alpesin-Felix) and Caleb Evan (Lotto-Auard) -They are interested in enlightening their names a few days after the radar.

Classified mountaineering offers the King of the Mountain Points that Danish rider Magnus Kurt Nielsen has so far eaten in his home country, and he continues to do so on Polka Dots. Jacobsen wears green because Van Art – wearing yellow – is the only rider above him in the points division, while current champion Tadej Pogakar wears the white jersey of the best young riders today.

Follow all the latest updates from Stage 4 of the Tour de France below

1657021622

Tour de France Stage 4

Separation from Magnus Court and Anthony Perez is 4 minutes 30 seconds ahead of Peloton. The journey from Dunkerque to Calais has six Category-Four climbs and Cort would like to add its six KOM wins to Denmark.

Michael Jones5 July 2022 12:47

1657021606

Tour de France Stage 3 Recap

After Fabio Jacobsen claimed victory on an emotional stage on Saturday to end his comeback from the fatal injury he suffered during a tour of Poland in 2020, Sunday was the turn of the rider he collided with two years ago.

Groenwegen said Jacobsen did not face physical recovery from the incident, but spoke of trauma after facing death threats and abuse – Dutchman was also handed a nine-month ban by the world governing body UCI.

“It was a long way (back),” Groenewegen said. “I would like to thank my team and my family and friends for bringing me back on tour in good condition. It’s beautiful.

“It simply came to our notice then. It means a lot to my wife and my son. “

Groniwegen said he was trapped in a late-night crash that split Peloton more than 10 kilometers from the line, although he was in the right place when it became important.

“Yesterday I was a little angry at myself but today, even though I was in the box for a long time and got involved in an accident to go nine kilometers, my team brought me back to the position and I was finally calm,” he added.

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:46

1657021202

Tour de France Stage 4

170 km to go: Stage 4 is officially underway, and the attack begins! The man from Polka Dots, Magnus Kurt (EF Education), has been accused of picking up points from the King of the Mountains to climb the top four categories of pepper at this stage, and he has joined Anthony Perez (Coffidis) of France.

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:40

1657021186

General classification before stage 4

What Van Art, who finished second in three steps over the weekend, is yellow today.

Here are the top 10 after three steps:

1. Van Art (Jumbo-Visma) 9 hours 1 minute 17 seconds
  2. Lampart (Quickstep) +7 seconds
  3. Pogakar (UAE Emirates) +14
  4. Pedersen (Trek-Seg) +18
  5. Van der Poel (Alpesin-Disunink) +20
  6. Vingard (Jumbo-Visma) +22
  7. Roglic (Jumbo-Visma) +23
  8. Yates (Ainios) +30
  9. If (FDJ) +30
  10. Pidcock (Ainios) +31

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:39

1657020804

Tour de France Stage 4

A hilarious moment in Eurosport coverage a moment ago when motorbike-based analyst Bradley Wiggins greeted Watt Van Art, who was passing by wearing a yellow jersey.

“This is the race leader who looks bright in his yellow jersey, here’s what a class act he is,” Wiggins tells the camera, before moving on to Van Art. “Morning Wow, how are you? You’re looking for ***** Gee … oh I almost swore then, I’m live. You watch class. Sorry for that. It’s hard to say how I feel about Wow without swearing.” I have been able to control it. ”

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:33

1657020271

Tour de France Stage 4

The riders ride their bikes at the official start of Stage 4 in Dunkirk.

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:24

1657019959

Tour de France Stage 4

A minute of silence at the start of the day following the horrific shooting in Copenhagen on Sunday, in which at least three people were killed.

The tour organizer ASO issued a statement expressing “sympathy and sympathy” for the victims.

“The tour is extremely shocked and saddened to hear of what happened in Copenhagen,” the statement added.

“The people of Copenhagen welcomed Peloton the greatest in the history of the sport, building deep bonds with all his followers. The entire convoy of the Tour de France extends its deepest condolences to the victims and their families.

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:19

1657019018

Tour de France Stage 4

After finishing second in three Danish episodes of this Tour de France, can Wout van Art win today wearing yellow?

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 12:03

1657018619

Tadej Pogakar interview: ‘There will come a moment when I will have ** years … I have to be ready’

An interview with the man on Tour de France No. 3:

In Monaco, Tadej Pogakar Merges into the city. He walks freely on the streets around his local supermarket and invisibly through the potters. Even in his favorite bike shop, the best cyclists in the world lined up among the Muggles without bothering. “I want to go inside and see what’s new, and of course I don’t mind if there’s a customer in front of me, it’s normal,” he says.

By all means a double Tour de France champion should be one of the most recognized athletes on the planet, a faithful superstar unable to walk in the hotel lobby without dark glasses and a team, but somehow Pogakar has not yet surpassed the game. One suspect that he comes from the European heartlands of cycling or the United States whose name is tongue-tied, his profile may be a little different. His “TP” brand, with an eagle motif and a “Never Give Up” tagline, is not yet as fully launched as Roger Federer or Tiger Woods.

But smaller and less important is how Pogacar moves on with life and cycling, just riding for the pleasure of it, a principle that has brought a lot of rewards so far. After winning the Tour de France next month, a historic third next month will set him firmly on the path to becoming one of the all-time greats in cycling, and what makes it all possible is how little he is driven by his own sporting legacy. . “For me it’s not something I’ll enjoy later [my career] Too much and brag about it. I work hard to win many races, but my priority is just to be good friends with my friends and to have good relationships with the people I want in my life. ”

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 11:56

1657018233

Route maps and profiles as eye-catching opportunities for sprinters after the rest day

Today’s stage preview, when the Tour de France begins its journey to Denmark and ends its journey of 171.5 km along the north coastline:

Lawrence Ostler5 July 2022 11:50