We’re just 11 days away from the Aug. 2 trade deadline, but rumors are swirling from all corners.
Although of SNY Andy Martino says John Soto Unlikely to the Mets, New York has several other players showing interest in a trade.
Multiple sources have confirmed this Inside the MetsIn addition to previous reporting here and elsewhere, these names have been linked to the Mets to this date.
– Baltimore Orioles first baseman/corner outfielder/DH Trey Mancini (Rental bats could be traded whether the Orioles are in the AL wild card race or not. Viewed by rival NL executives as the Mets’ top option.)
– Washington Nationals first baseman/DH Josh Bell and DH Nelson Cruz
– Colorado Rockies first baseman/DH CJ Chron
– First baseman/DH for the Pittsburgh Pirates Daniel Vogelbach
– Chicago Cubs right-hander David Robertson
Scroll to continue
– Baltimore Orioles All-Star reliever RHP George Lopez (two more years of arbitration). It is still unknown if Baltimore will trade him, with the team now in the AL wild card race.
– Detroit Tigers Bam Andrew Chaffin Interest is seen as an additional relief option and an ideal fit for the Mets, per the source.
As has been the case since the offseason, Dominic Smith (IL for a sprained ankle) is on the trading block and the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs have shown interest. Mate is also open to move JD Davis As well (per SNY).
– MLB Insider: Mets between teams to talk Juan Soto with Nationals
– Mets place Dominique Smith to IL, who is drawing trade interest
– Mets, Pirates discuss Daniel Vogelbach trade
Follow Pat Boy on Twitter (@RagaZorportDon’t forget to bookmark Inside Mets And check back daily for news, analysis and more.